Garmin unveils Venu®3 and 3S, two new connected watches
Garmin has unveiled two new connected GPS watches, the Venu® 3 and Venu 3S. These watches are designed to improve health and prepare for the sporting challenges ahead. Available in two sizes, the Venu 3 collection has a 14-day battery life in connected mode. The Venu® 3 and Venu 3S offer a more complete view of their stress level, Body BatteryTM and quality of sleep.
The entire collection is equipped with an ultra-bright AMOLED touchscreen, built-in speaker and microphone for making and receiving phone calls or answering text messages. They are also suitable for people in wheelchairs, with the launch of a new function allowing them to count their pushes or follow specific workouts.
“Whatever your health and fitness journey is, the Venu 3 is there to support you every day. Whether it's for a deep rest, a nap, or a good training session to beat your personal best during a future race, the new functions of the Venu 3 provide ever more personalized data. With these new models, understanding your body has never been easier. » – Dan Bartel, Vice President of Global Customer Sales at Garmin
The new functions offered by the Venu:
• Sleep Coach provides a sleep score and personalized guidance on recommended sleep duration. The watch also features sleep phase tracking and monitors other key metrics, such as pulse oximeter2 and heart rate variability (HRV) status to provide a better understanding of health status. general of the individual. It also benefits from sleep tracking while traveling and offers personalized advice to mitigate the effects of jet lag.
• The morning report provides an overview of sleep, recovery, and HRV status upon waking with the ability to customize the report to suit your needs.
• Nap detection automatically tracks or records naps, assesses their effect on health, and recommends an ideal duration.
• Body Battery: an exclusive Garmin function that allows you to follow the evolution of your energy reserve throughout the day. Body Battery notably takes into account the quality of sleep, the frequency of naps, the volume of daily activity and the impact of stress.
• Wheelchair mode tracks daily pushes and alerts on changing position in the chair. It also offers sports applications and training adapted for people in wheelchairs. During the creation of these new functions, the algorithms of certain existing functions were modified to improve the relevance of key information dedicated to people in wheelchairs.
• Training Benefits and Recovery Time provides insight into the impact of each workout on the body and the time required for optimal recovery.
• The meditation activity provides support in meditation practices to reduce stress, anxiety, etc.
• Built-in speaker and microphone to make and receive calls directly from the watch (when paired with a compatible smartphone) and use the smartphone's voice assistant to respond to text messages. On Android phones, it is also possible to view picture messages and reply to text messages using the watch keypad.
For fitness enthusiasts
The Venu 3 integrates more than 30 sports applications, whether for walking, running, swimming in the pool, specific activities for people in wheelchairs or other. It also includes preloaded animated strength training, HIIT, Pilates, and yoga workouts. Plus, it offers the ability to create custom workouts from over 1 workouts available in the Garmin Connect™ app, which can be sent directly to the watch. Free Garmin Coach training programs are also available to help prepare for a 600K or longer run. In addition to tracking daily step counts, calories burned and floors climbed, the Venu 5 collection is able to measure sustained and moderate intensity minutes, VO3 max during a run or bike ride and cycling power in watts (when paired with a compatible power meter or indoor cycle)
In addition to making and receiving calls directly from the watch,
the Venu 3 collection can receive emails, texts and alerts when paired with a compatible smartphone. Its tracking and security features provide peace of mind by sending a location alert to selected emergency contacts in the event of an unsafe situation or detected incident.
Support for contactless payments through Garmin Pay™ simplifies transactions and use of select public transportation5. The ability to download songs and playlists from Spotify®, Amazon Music and Deezer accounts (subscription required) makes listening to them without having to use a phone. Additionally, the Connect IQ™ store offers the ability to download apps, watch faces and other features to the watch or via the mobile app for more options.
Prices and availability
Venu 3 is available in white/silver and black/slate, the Venu 3S model is available in flint grey/slate, pale grey/silver, grey-green/soft gold, dusty pink/soft gold and ivory/soft gold. Both models have a stainless steel bezel and a silicone strap. The Venu 3 collection is currently available for €499,99.
Designed for the outdoors, Garmin products have revolutionized the wellness industry. Garmin is committed to developing products that help you stay active and health measurement tools that help people of all activity levels lead healthier lives. According to Garmin, every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to become better than yesterday.
To know more : click here
To read our latest article on the subject: click here